This Limited Warranty applies to The Iron Door StoreTM and Artisan Iron DoorsTM , hereafter referred to as IDS, purchased directly fromThe Iron Door Store or from an authorized retailer. This Warranty is applicable only to product installed in the U.S.A. and Canada.
Subject to the terms and conditions below, IDS warrants to the original owner in which the product
is installed that the Structure and other non--glass components will be free from manufacturing defects for a Minimum period of 10years. Hardware in coastal applications, glass, and finish are not covered under this Limited Warranty. Standard insulating glass withstainless steel spacers is warranted against seal failure resulting in visible obstruction through the glass for two (2) years from theoriginal date of product purchase. All other glass and glass features are provided with the same warranties, limitations, andexclusions IDS receives from its supplier; contact IDS for further details. Glass warranties apply to factory--installed glass or IDS--supplied glass installed by IDS--authorized service personnel. Finishes are warrantied for 5 years, all finish repairs and touch-ups mustbe performed by an authorized IDS Service personnel or IDS authorized installing retailer.
If you sell or cease to occupy your home within the term the Limited Warranty will apply for the remainder of its term. The LimitedWarranty is fully transferable.
If a covered defect appears during the term of the applicable warranty, IDS will, at its option, repair or replace the product orcomponent, or refund the price paid for the defective product or component. Removal, shipping costs, installation, finishing,refinishing, and disposal costs and services are not included. IDS will endeavor to supply original replacement parts; however,replacement parts may differ from the original parts. Replacement parts, including upgrades, are warranted for the remainder of theoriginal product warranty.
Damage, defects, or problems resulting from causes outside IDS' control are excluded from coverage under the Limited Warranty.Such causes include, without limitation:
Installation, Maintenance, and Acts of God
- Faulty or improper storage, handling, installation, finishing, operation, or use
- Installation not in conformance with IDS' installation instructions and applicable building codesCaulking, trim packages, or other materials used in product installation.
- Non--standard installation, such as non--vertical or sloped glazing, upside down, or out--of square
- Installation or use in inappropriate applications, including applications exceeding design standards
- Field mulls; field finishes
- Insulating glass installed more than 5000 feet above sea level without capillary tubes (except as specificallyprovided in the IDS Limited Warranty High Altitude Supplement)
- Failure to follow IDS' care and maintenance instructions
- Use of brick wash, razor blades or other inappropriate cleaners, chemicals, or solvents; mechanical abrasion offinish
- Misuse, abuse, modification, alteration, accident, negligence
- Shifting or settling of the structure in which the product is installed; vibration
- Extreme weather events, extreme or unusual atmospheric conditions
- Exposure to excessive localized heat, moisture, or water leakage
- Normal wear and tear; normal weathering; ripping or other damage to screens associated with normal useNormal discoloration or fading of finishes, or other minor finish imperfections which do not affect productperformance
- Glass imperfections consistent with ASTM or other industry standards, which do not affect structural integrityInsects
- War, insurrection, civil unrest, terrorism, Acts of God
- Warp. Bow, twist, and warp of doors shall not be considered defects unless in excess of 1/4 in the plane of thedoor.
- Synthetic Stucco. Installation in structures that do not allow for proper moisture management, e.g., exteriorinsulation and finish systems (EIFS) or “synthetic stucco” is not covered under the Limited Warranty.
- Thermal Efficiency. IDS does not warrant the amount or percentage of argon or other inert gas present ininsulating glass at any time after manufacture. Inert gas dissipates over time, and may be ineffective in productsmanufactured with capillary tubes. Thermal efficiencies vary with the application of the product. IDS does notwarrant a specific level of thermal efficiency will be maintained by inert gas, low emissivity coatings, or otherproduct features.
- Condensation. Condensation is not a product defect, but the result of excess humidity. Condensation, frost, ormold, mildew, or fungus on product surfaces is not covered by the Limited Warranty.
- Finish Degradation. Degradation or failure of finish, hardware, or other components due to conditions such as airpollutants, acid rain, salt, sand, chemicals, or other corrosive or abrasive substances is not covered by the LimitedWarranty.
- Screens. Screens are not designed to, and will not prevent falls.
- Suitability. Determining the suitability and compliance with local or other applicable building codes or standards, of all building components, including the use of any IDS product, and the design and installation of any flashing orsealing system, is the responsibility of the buyer, user, architect, contractor, installer, and/or other constructionprofessional. IDS will not be liable for any problem or damage relating to inappropriate or faulty building designor construction, maintenance, installation, or selection of products. Windows and doors are only one element of astructure; IDS does not warrant that third party certification of a building or project to any specific standard will beachieved through the use of any Integrity product.
Disclaimers, Limitations, and Additional Terms and Conditions
This Limited Warranty is the only warranty, written or oral, express or implied, provided by IDS. No dealer, employee, or agent of IDS,nor any third party, may create or assume any other liability, obligation, or responsibility on behalf of IDS. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES,INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. Any impliedwarranty which cannot be disclaimed under applicable law will be limited in duration to the shortest permissible term and, in anyevent, will not exceed the term of the applicable express limited warranty; the requirements for presenting any claim so affected willbe as provided in this Limited Warranty. Any product or component not specifically subject to this Limited Warranty or anotherwritten IDS product warranty is provided AS IS and without warranty. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights and youmay also have other rights, which may vary from state to state. THIS WARRANTY IS NOT A WARRANTY OF FUTURE PERFORMANCE ORA STATEMENT OF THE USEFUL LIFE OF ANY IDS PRODUCT, BUT ONLY A WARRANTY TO REPAIR, REPLACE, OR REFUND.
IN NO EVENT WILL IDS BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL IDS’S LIABILITY EXCEED THEPRICE PAID FOR THE AFFECTED PRODUCT OR COMPONENT. The limitations of warranty and liability set forth herein shall survive andapply, even if the exclusive remedy set forth in this Limited Warranty is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Certifications and Ratings.
Many standard IDS products maybe labeled with the Window & Door Manufacturers Association (WDMA) Hallmark Certification.WDMA Certification is based on the performance of a single sample of the product at the time of manufacture. Many standard IDSproducts maybe labeled with National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) ratings. NFRC ratings are based on a combination ofcomputer simulations and physical testing of product samples. Certifications and ratings apply to single products only and do notapply to mulled or combined products. Performance of individual products may vary and will change over time, depending upon theconditions of use. WDMA certifications and NFRC ratings are not performance warranties. For details on Hallmark Certification, go towww.WDMA.com. For details on NFRC Energy Performance ratings, go to www.NFRC.org.
IDS may, in its discretion, extend benefits beyond what is covered under this Limited Warranty. Any such extension shall apply only tothe specific instance in which it is granted, and shall not constitute a waiver of IDS' right to strictly enforce the exclusions, disclaimers,and limitations set forth in this Limited Warranty in any or all other circumstances.
All warranty claims must be made within sixty (60) days of the appearance of the defect. To make a warranty claim, contact your localIDS dealer or distributor. If you do not know the name of your local dealer or distributor, call 844-408-9753 to locate the one nearestyou. If, after five days, your dealer or distributor has not responded, send a written request to The Iron Door Store 1816 W SunsetBlvd #31 St George, UT 84770 Attn: Warranty Department. Include the following information: your name, address, and telephonenumber, the date you purchased your product, the name of the dealer or distributor from whom you purchased your product, adescription of product, order number, specific definition of problem or defect, actions you have taken and contacts you have madewith your local dealer or distributor. Once we have received your letter, we will respond to your claim promptly.
HIGH ALTITUDE LIMITED WARRANTY SUPPLEMENT
This Limited Warranty Supplement, in conjunction with the IDS Limited Warranty, applies to IDS products purchased from andinstalled by an authorized IDS installing retailer in the United States or Canada. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SUPPLEMENT IS SUBJECT TOAND INCORPORATES THE TERMS, CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SET FORTH IN THE IDS LIMITED WARRANTY(available from your IDS dealer, at http://www.theirondoorstore.com, or by calling 844-408-9753 ). The terms and conditions of theIDS Limited Warranty will apply to glass without capillary tubes in the specific products and installed at or below the altitudeidentified in the Guidelines for such product. Glass without capillary tubes installed above the altitudes identified in the Guidelines isnot warranted. Glass without capillary tubes in products is not warranted above 5000 feet. IDS may amend the Guidelines at any timein its sole discretion. Product style, size, shape, and configuration all affect glass installed in high altitude environments. For certainproducts, aesthetic effects may be observed at altitudes above 5000 feet. IDS products are made to order in a wide variety of styles,sizes, shapes, and configurations. For best results, please consult your authorized IDS installing retailer when installing product above5000 feet.
In addition to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusive remedy set forth in the IDS Limited Warranty, coverage under thisLimited Warranty Supplement does not extend to the aesthetic quality of the glass. Bowing, curvature, and other distortions of glasswill naturally occur with increased altitude, and are not considered defects.
IN NO EVENT WILL IDS BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL IDS’ LIABILITY EXCEED THEPRICE PAID FOR THE AFFECTED PRODUCT OR COMPONENT. The limitations of warranty and liability set forth herein shall survive andapply, even if the exclusive remedy set forth in this Limited Warranty is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Disclaimers, Limitations, and Additional Terms and Conditions
This Limited Warranty supplement, together with the IDS Limited Warranty, is the only warranty, written or oral, express or implied,provided by IDS. No dealer, employee, or agent of IDS, nor any third party, may create or assume any other liability, obligation, orresponsibility on behalf of IDS. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR APARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. Any implied warranty which cannot be disclaimed under applicable law will be limited induration to the shortest permissible term and, in any event, will not exceed the term of the applicable express limited warranty; therequirements for presenting any claim so affected will be as provided in the IDS Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty Supplementgives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which may vary from state to state. THIS LIMITED WARRANTYSUPPLEMENT IS NOT A WARRANTY OF FUTURE PERFORMANCE OR A STATEMENT OF THE USEFUL LIFE OF ANY IDS PRODUCT, BUTONLY A WARRANTY TO REPAIR, REPLACE, OR REFUND.